Monday, November 15, 2010

Mandatory Recipe: Chicken Noodle Soup

This shouldn't take too long. Just stick everything in the crockpot and it should cook within a couple hours. Don't put the crockpot on too high or let it sit too long, it gets really gross :)

Ingredients:
Boneless Skinless Chicken tenderloins (7)
2 cups of Chicken Broth
1 1/2 cup of water
1/2 cup of Half and Half
3 cups of whole grain rotini noodles (check health store if you can't find at regular grocer)
1 cup of carrots, diced
1/2 cup of celery, diced
1/2 onion chopped
1 tablespoon of basil
3 bay leaves
1 tablespoon of parsley
1 teaspoon garlic
salt and pepper

Thaw chicken and chop into bite size pieces.  Throw everything into crockpot. Takes about four hours. My mom goes home on her lunch break to start things in crockpot and then you come home and it's done!!
Let me know when you have tried it!

4 comments:

Marlin, Becky & Josh said...

I have a recipe for this that I love only it doesn't have half & half in it but it's basically the same recipe. So, while I haven't tried yours, I've had it. Make sense?

Unknown said...

This may sound like a stupid question, but how do you make the chicken broth? is it store bought or something like water and chicken bouillon or drippins?

Steph said...

That's totally fine Becky! Oh, and Becky, as far as putting your miles, I want the total put under the other post, then you can track your progress.
Sam/Erin: Chicken Broth is in a container in the store. Get the organic kind or it is too much sodium
Thanks! Keep it up y'all

Kelsey said...

This looks really good. Haven't had the time to make it yet but I will this week when I get back to my mom's :) If i ever get there.. boooo for bad weather. Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!