Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Mandatory Recipe: Chicken Tortilla Soup

Brrrrr!!!!!! I don't know about y'all, but it is SOO cold and all I want is soup. So I will be posting a different recipe every day of yummy soups!!! Sorry I took a week off...but I as a trainer have regrouped and will be back on task this week for my lovely clients!!!
So this is super easy and warms you up fast!
Ingredients
3 chicken breasts
1 can of cream of chicken reduced fat
1 can of organic chicken broth
1 can of corn
1 can of black beans
1 can of stewed tomatoes
1 can of Rotel
After boiling and shredding chicken.  Put everything together into a pot and cook on medium and add a cup of water and 1/2 c of milk to make soupier.  Top off with tortilla strips. 
It's delicious and a little more fattening then I prefer for all meals. However, it's so yummy and has some veggies and good protein.  Enjoy!!
P.S. Compare to Zupas Chicken Enchilada soup for half the fat!

No comments: