Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Motivation

I am so sorry I didn't post a memo yesterday! It was crazy with school and getting things together for Thanksgiving this week. I apologize.

So here's what I want you guys to really think about.  Choices.  Thanksgiving comes every year, we know that we tend to eat a lot and gain weight and not exercise during this time of the year, hence the New Year's Resolutions..right?? I want you to enjoy Thanksgiving, but enjoy in very small portions.  If you LOVE yams and pie, but you don't LOVE mashed potatoes, don't feel obligated to eat a lot of potatoes, and vice versa. I personally LOVE LOVE LOVE mashed potatoes and turkey and rolls and green bean casseroles, but pie and cheesecake and yams don't tempt me, therefore I don't go near them. I know I will eat enough calories, that is never the question...it's about will I overeat? It will put you behind if y'all get out of control.

After Thanksgiving, go for a walk. DO NOT GO TO SLEEP.  It's the most tempting part of Thanksgiving to pass out after stuffing your face, so please go for even like a thirty minute walk. Laying horizontally will give you heartburn and your body will be stopped in midst of digestive process.

Do the Turkey Bowl.  Run around and burn some calories.

If you're going home, pick up a Travel Pass from the front desk so you can work out when you go home.
Make sure that pre and post snacking is fruits and veggies.  Make sure your metabolism is going before you eat the big meal.  And, make sure you have enough fiber and water.  Which brings me to another point, keep all drinks to water this week.  Alcohol, punches, and cokes have too many calories and are not worth it at all. Please refrain from them!!!

I love you all!! I have the greatest job in the world working with you guys every day! I look forward to our appointments next week!! EVERYONE get in next week!  And be prepared when you do. EVERYONE will be doing plyometrics and circuit training next week. Hydrate yourself. You will need it. Get excited.
<3

No comments: